As children, the world is terrifying? Shadows in a dark corner, noises in the kitchen or the tall dark stranger that approaches you and your mother in the parking lot of a shopping mall.
As a child I had teraphobia, the fear of monsters. A condition prominent during childhood. The condition normally resolves itself in time. Imagine a world where this is an everyday occurrence. Not the fear of monster that are not there. The fear of the ones that are real and everyone knows they exist. There is no hiding.
- Coyote- Tommy“No! I said don’t do that. What the hell!” Tommy stepped toward the woman as she attempted to sprint between two pair of outstretched arms. The eager arms trying to find lunch, which was the source of the screaming. Tommy winched as the zombie on the left grasp her ponytail. The woman’s face, joyful she hadContinue reading “Coyote- Tommy”
- The Zoo part 3Tommy turned. Excited to see his old friend. Wishing he would visit more, Sean had passed years ago. He was never going to visit and no one was standing near the bar. “Damn it, ghosts hovering everywhere in this hell-hole. Sure there is plenty of reason to haunt but leave me the hell alone. IContinue reading “The Zoo part 3”
- The Coyote part 3 – wip“So what do you think, Tommy?” Mary said. “Hmm… sounds fun,” Tommy began. “…but really… what do we know.” “Well,” Mary began as she poured Tommy a glass of whiskey. “As you already said to Mr. Carson, he is part of the Carson… “What do we know of the New World Group?” Tommy asked heContinue reading “The Coyote part 3 – wip”
- The Coyote – part 2Mornings within the walled off, reclusive world are the worst part of an already fucked up life. The smell of decay mixed with body order, sprinkled with a constant moaning. The moaning was worse then the stench at times. A twisted symphony of pain expressed in guttural “Ohhhhs” all day and night. Tommy stared atContinue reading “The Coyote – part 2”
- Super humanThere is that moment, you play over and over in your head. That event that changes your life forever. Here’s the funny thing about that moment… It’s not the real moment, it’s a memory that has been edited to make the audience (me) stare in awe and contemplate. Like all great memories, this one takesContinue reading “Super human”
- Halloween Project 2021
- Green’s GroceryGreens Grocery sat on the outskirts of a cluster of small villages in Waterloo township. An essential business supplying the township with canned goods, perishables and liquor. At least, that’s what Frank Green always assumed. Frank had, for forty years, thought of himself as an essential worker. If Frank ain’t working the township ain’t running.Continue reading “Green’s Grocery”
- The split/the riftThe street was wet and the air smelled like rain. It was the middle of the night and the residents of this small suburb were asleep. A small white orb floated in chaotic circles till settling above the suburban street. The orb sat motionless for several moments. Stretched downward in a vertical line, illuminating theContinue reading “The split/the rift”